Archer™ CSR Total Shoulder System
A Minimally Invasive Option for Shoulder Replacement
Finally, A Total Shoulder System That:
- Restores the natural shape of your shoulder
- Preserves your strongest bone
- Uses a unique, less invasive technique
- Simplifies procedure to facilitate rapid recovery
Designed to get you back to the activities you love and restore the quality of life you deserve.
The Archer CSR system has a non-spherical design to properly mimic the three-dimensional shape of the normal human shoulder. Research has shown that shoulder implants designed this way move more like a normal shoulder than traditional spherical shoulder implants.1
Bone PreservingTraditional shoulder implants require removal of the top of your humerus so a “stem” can be inserted down into the bone canal. By contrast, the Archer CSR system avoids the long metal stem and preserves more of your strong, healthy bone. This may help to reduce operating room time, exposure to anesthesia and blood loss.2
Tissue SparingSoft tissue is spared with a unique, less invasive surgical technique due to the Archer CSR system’s patented instrumentation and system design.
Simplified Procedure Facilitates Rapid RecoveryWith the Archer CSR system, early data has shown a shorter average hospital length of stay, smaller readmission rate, and higher percentage of patients being discharged home instead of to a skilled nursing facility or inpatient rehab compared to published values for total shoulder arthroplasties.3 This may lead to a quicker return to normal lifestyle and everyday activities.
- 1.Jun BJ, Iannotti JP, McGarry MH, Yoo JC, Quigley RJ, Lee TQ. The effects of prosthetic humeral head shape on glenohumeral joint kinematics: a comparison of non-spherical and spherical prosthetic heads to the native humeral head. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013 Oct; 22(10):1423-32
- 2.Berth A, Pap G. Stemless shoulder prosthesis versus conventional anatomic shoulder prosthesis in patients with osteoarthritis. J Orthop Traumatol 2013:14:31-7
- 3.Data on File, Catalyst OrthoScience Inc, Naples, Florida